What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction, also commonly known as ED or impotence, is the condition where a man is not able to sustain erection long enough to have penetrative sexual activity. It can occur in various degrees. Some men might get an erection but not enough for penetrative sex, while some others might not get an erection at all.
When the erection occurs but not good enough for penetrative sex, they are termed as soft erections. A related condition is priapism in which a man gets an erection but it is too painful for any kind of sexual activity.
Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem worldwide. It is believed that about 30 million men in the US have this condition, though a large number of cases might be still unreported because of the stigma associated with such a condition in most men’s minds.
How Does Erectile Dysfunction Happen?
The penis is made up of columns of spongy tissue known as corpus cavernosa and corpus spongiosum. Under normal circumstances, the cells are empty, due to which the penis is of a smaller size and limp. This condition is known as a flaccid penis. But when the man is sexually aroused, then the brain triggers an enhanced flow of blood into the hollow cells that make up these spongy tissues. The blood then engorges the cells and it leads to firmness. This condition is known as an erection.
An erection is necessary for penetrative sex, during which it is penetrated into the female vaginal tract. If the male is not able to achieve this firmness, then the penis will not be able to enter the woman’s vagina during copulation. This situation is known as erectile dysfunction.
What Are the Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction can occur due to a large number of factors. It could be a physical issue where there is some kind of abnormality in the organs related to erection. Or, it could be a mental deficiency, such as stress. Thus, there are both biological as well as psychosocial factors for erectile dysfunction.
The following are some of the factors that might cause impotence.
- Some biological anomaly in the penis or other organs associated with erection that do not allow the engorgement of blood.
- Some metabolic reason due to which blood cannot fill within the spongy cells.
- Smoking and alcoholism
- Use of certain drugs
- Certain diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure
The following is a list of diseases and conditions that might cause erectile dysfunction:-
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Cardiovascular diseases, such as atherosclerosis
- High cholesterol count
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Obesity and overweight condition
- Multiple sclerosis
- Hormonal imbalances, especially of testosterone
The emotional factors might include:-
- Stress — When a person is stressed, there is higher requirement of blood in the brain. Due to this, the blood flow in the penis reduces.
- Social stigmas — In some cases where sex is not allowed, men may automatically not get an erection, due to loss of arousal state.
- Nervousness — Sometimes, nervousness can lead to impotence. This happens mostly when men have sex for the first time, or if there is a lot of undue pressure on the performance.
It must be remembered that if a person is not able to get an erection one time, it does not mean there is erectile dysfunction. The cause of it could be nervousness or stress. Only when a man cannot get an erection for a prolonged period of time is it considered as erectile dysfunction.
What Are the Different Ways to Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
For preventing ED, the following are some methods that must be used:-
- Lead an active lifestyle. Perform regular exercise. Do not be sedentary. Exercise helps in the proper circulation of blood and enhances the quality of erections on arousal.
- Do not allow excess weight to add onto your body. Reduce weight if you are obese.
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol or drugs.
- Eat a healthy well-balanced diet.
- Avoid stress. Keep your mental balance proper.
- If you have a chronic disease, then try to manage it well. For example: if the blood sugar level is brought down in a diabetic person, it is observed that the quality of their erections improves.
It is also very important to bond with your partner. Often men develop better erections with people with whom they connect better. It might be possible that ED is experienced with someone but not with another person.
What Are the Treatment Options Available for Erectile Dysfunction?
To reiterate, a one-time erection failure is not erectile dysfunction. But if it occurs for a longer period of time, then some treatment methods could be looked into.
Viagra (sildenafil citrate) is one of the most popular drugs used for treating impotence temporarily. Its effects last for only a few hours, however, so the drug must be timed correctly. There are several other alternatives to Viagra available on the Internet nowadays. However, before starting with such a drug, it is best to consult with your doctor.
There are several other non-chemical ways to treat erectile dysfunction. You will find penis pumps that are being widely used. These are pumps that are put over the penis and then a vacuum condition is created. Due to the difference in pressure, the blood is sucked into the spongy tissue and a harder erection is caused. This is also a temporary method.
You will also find several herbal remedies on the Internet. Some of these supplements do work, and apart from treating ED, these supplements provide for an overall enhancement of the body’s health as well.
However, the best way is to connect with your partner really well. It helps if you have an emotional connection with the partner. Apart from all the obvious reasons, it also helps you get a better erection.
It is very important to get education about this condition well. ED is a disease like any other, and it can be treated as well. There is nothing to feel guilty or humiliated about it.
Health pack for erectile dysfunction
- Ashwagandha churan
- Yogender Ras
- Yaunvanamrit vati
- Shilajit rasyan
- Chandrprabha vati
- Orgy oil
How to use health pack for erectile dysfunction
Mix all the ingredients from 1 to 6 in a grinder and make powder out of it. Now consume it ¾ teaspoon of two times a day with water.
Massage orgy oil two times a day.