Home Remedies for Indigestion and Constipation
Indigestion happens when we eat too spicy and fatty foods. It can also happen if we overeat. The situation can become worse in obese people and in people who suffer from stress, anxiety, thyroid problems and ulcers. Constipation can be result of not having enough fluids. It is must for people of all age groups to have plenty of water to keep the digestive organs well hydrated. Here are some home remedies for indigestion and constipation.
Home Remedies for Indigestion
- Carom Seeds: It is popularly known as Ajwain. It cures indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea. We can either chew these seeds post our meals or can mix their powder in one glass of warm water and consume it.
- Herbal Tea: Having herbal tea just after meals can speed up the process of digestion. It also reduces indigestion. Peppermint tea and chamomile tea are some of the ebst examples of herbal tea that we can include in our diet.
- Baking Soda: It acts like and antacid and helps in maintaining the acid balance in the body. It controls the high levels of acids in the body. Having one cup of warm water mixed with half teaspoon baking soda gives relief from bloating.
Home Remedies for Constipation
- Honey: Honey acts like mild laxative and works well in preventing constipation. It also gives relief from symptoms of constipation. We can have one or two teaspoon of honey everyday to get protection from indigestion and constipation.
- Castor Oil: It is a natural laxative. It stimulates the small and large intestine and helps in proper bowel movement. We can have one or two teaspoon of castor oil in the morning. For those who cannot have it this way, can mix castor oil in their favorite fruit juice and have it. We must have it every morning on an empty stomach.
- Figs: Figs are natural laxative as they are rich source of fiber. People suffering from chronic constipation must include figs in their diet. Fresh figs can be eaten with their skin on. Dried figs can be soaked in water for few hours along with two or three almonds. After few hours, we need to grind them together. This paste then can be had in the night before bed time.
Benefits of Divya Udarkalp Churna
Divya Udarkalp Churna is made from combination of few herbs which are highly effective in treating indigestion and constipation. Below is the list of all the possible benefits of this ayurvedic remedy.
- It’s very effective in cases of chronic digestive problems.
- It improves the functioning of digestive organs.
- It increases the rate of metabolism in body.
- This churna can be taken regularly for better working of digestive process without any worries of side effects.
- It is effective in treating constipation, stomachache and flatulence.
- It stimulates the secretion of gastric juices and enzymes that are responsible for proper digestion.
- It improves the condition of liver.
- It gives protection from several respiratory conditions.
- It clears the mucus from the lungs.
- It is good for kids too, mainly those kids who have weak appetite and who are not growing properly.