Home Remedies for Removal of Gas
Passing gas, also known as flatulence, is a common human phenomenon. These gases are digestive wastes that are passed out by the bowels periodically. However, it is undeniable that this is a socially embarrassing act, and is even socially unacceptable. If the situation becomes chronic and uncontrollable, it could lead to severe distress to the person involved.
Some of the common causes of flatulence are digestive disorders, bacterial infections, eating spicy food, drinking in excess, not chewing the food properly, and even leading a stressful life. Acidity and heartburn are two common symptoms of indigestion.
However, there are several home remedies that can help you get rid of this humiliating affliction. Here we talk about these remedies that you can source right in your homes.
Home Remedies for Removal of Gas:
- Cinnamon: It pacifies the stomach and prevents formation of gas. We can have one teaspoon of cinnamon powder mixed in one cup warm milk. To improve the taste, we can add honey into it. We can also have cinnamon tea daily twice or thrice to clear the digestive system.
- Garlic: Garlic is pungent in taste and has stored heat in it. This quality of it makes it perfect home remedy for removing gas. We can make fresh garlic soup and have it. It will not only remove gas but help in digestion too. Garlic can also be boiled in water along with black peeper and cumin seeds. Strain this solution and have it when it cools down. For better results we can drink this solution twice in a day.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk works wonderfully in cases of flatulence. In Ayurveda too, buttermilk is considered to be the best remedy for removal of gas. We can mix carom seeds and rock salt in one cup of buttermilk to make it tasty. Drink this solution will cure indigestion.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It is helpful in cases of indigestion and hence very effective in removing gas too. It gives instant relief from stomach pain. Two drops of apple cider vinegar can be added into one glass of warm water for getting speedy recovery from indigestion and stomach pain.
- Baking Soda Mixed with Lemon: The mixture of lemon juice and baking soda works like an antacid to remove the gas. If lemons are not there at home, we can just add a small amount of baking soda in one glass of warm water and have it too. We need to drink this on empty stomach for speedy recovery.
- Avoid Junk Food and Eat Light Food: For those who are having constant complaints of passing gas, it is best to avoid eating spicy food. Foods that contain preservatives are also not good for such people. Their diet should be light with lots of vegetables and fruits.
Benefits of Divya Gashar Churna
Divya Gashar Churna is an herbal remedy for flatulence. You won’t need to use the above home remedies individually if you start a regular practice of this churna, as it contains all the necessary herbs. Here are a few of its benefits.
- It is the best herbal remedy to treat acidity and heartburn.
- It helps in proper digestion of food.
- It gives relief from all kinds of gastrointestinal problems.
- It cures stomach problems and promotes healing of gastric ulcers.
- It works in cases of constipation and diarrhea too.
It cures bloating of stomach and prevents formation of gas.