Home Remedies for Digestion and Stomache Problems
Our digestive system is an important part of our body. In order to lead a normal healthy life, our digestion process should work in a perfect manner. In case there are some abnormalities in the digestive system, we may suffer from health ailments like gas trouble, stomachache, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, etc. The pain in the abdomen can be cured with the help of certain things that are easily available at home. Here are some home remedies for digestion and stomach problems.
Home Remedies for Digestion
- Probiotic Foods: Probiotic foods are essential for the body to keep the digestive system work efficiently. Yogurt, kimchi and buttermilk are some of the probiotic foods that we must include in our diet. Such food is highly effective in making the digestive system function smoothly.
- Peppermint: It has the power to treat several digestive problems like indigestion, gas problems and stomach aches. Having tea made from peppermint twice a day can give quick relief from the symptoms of several digestive problems. We can also eat fresh peppermint leaves by including them in our salads and soups.
Home Remedies for Stomache Problems
- Ginger: Ginger is very effective in increasing the efficiency of digestive system. It increases the secretion of digestive juices inside the digestive tract, which helps in the process of digestion. We can either have ginger tea or chew small ginger pieces to get the benefits of the properties of ginger.
- Asafetida: In case the stomach ache is caused due to gas or indigestion, hing that is Asafetida proves very helpful. To cure the stomach ache and gas, we can drink one glass of warm water by adding a pinch of asafetida in it. Another way to get relief from stomach cramps is to apply the mixture of hing and water directly over the stomach. This will reduce the pain and give relief from gas trouble too.
- Chamomile: It relaxes the muscles in the digestive tract. It also has soothing effect in cases of stomach ache. In cases of indigestion, having chamomile tea can give instant relief from the stomach pains associated with indigestion. In one cup of warm water add dried chamomile and leave it as it is for about 15 minutes. Then strain the solution and add lemon juice and some honey in this solution. Dinking this tea twice or thrice can cure the stomach pain.
Benefits of Divya Udaramrita Vati
Divya Udaramrita is a combination of natural herbs which is very effective in treating stomachache. Some other benefits of this herbal remedy are as follow –
- It cures all the health problems associated with stomach.
- It increases hunger.
- It reduces the abdominal pain.
- It is effective in treating diarrhea and constipation.
- It gives fast relief from flatulence and indigestion.
- It is a good way to treat nausea and vomiting.
- It is good for treating acidity and heartburn.
- It improves the functioning of digestive system.
- It provides relief from liver disorders.
- It cures constipation.