Bilva is one of the most wonderful and useful herbs found in the ayurvedic medicine world. It helps in correcting all the digestive functions which in turn helps in promoting overall body health. It is because all the systems of the body are directly or indirectly linked with the digestive system. Any problems or malfunctioning of the digestive system results in problems in the other body systems too. It means Bilva herb helps in attacking at the root cause of all the problems found in the human body.
Bilva is also known as Aegle Mamelos, Bael etc. Due to numerous health benefits offered by this wonderful herbal medicinal plant, it is being used from times unknown in the ayurvedic medicine world for treatment and prevention of multiple diseases relevant to the human body. Almost all the parts of Bilva plant including leaves, fruits, roots etc. are beneficial from point of view of good health of the human body.
- Bilva is mainly used treatment and prevention of digestive ailments. It is quite efficient in management of irritable bowel syndrome and colitis that are both commonly faced by large numbers of people in routine life.
- Problem of haemorrhoids in the body can also be managed well using Bilva herb.
- People suffering from the problem of fluid retention in the body which is sometimes the chief cause behind obesity or over-weightiness in the body is also got ridden of efficiently using Bilva.
- The bilva leaves are found to be quite effective in reducing pain and oedema.
- The powder obtained from the leaves of bilva plant can be used to improve eye-vision. Similarly, the paste prepared from the powder of Bilva leaves can be applied over eyelids to offer soothing and cooling effect to them. This action helps in reducing or eradicating pain, inflammation or irritation in the eyes and the eyelids.
- Swelling of the ribs can be relieved with the help of powder of Bilva leaves. This powder is mainly used for fomentation of the ribs. It offers relief from pain and swelling in the ribs.
- The unripe fruits of Bilva plant act as great appetizing agent. It is in fact very good digesting agent that helps in complete absorption and assimilation of all the foods consumed by the body.
- Bilva is also a very good tonic for the heart. It nourishes all the parts of the heart so as to promote their normal and most optimal functions. Any types of swelling and palpitations in the heart can be reduced or eradicated with the help of this wonderful herb.
- The laxative properties contained in the Bilva fruit help in getting rid of constipation.
- Normal liver functions are promoted using Bilva leaves powder.
- People suffering from the problem of loss of appetite, abdominal pain, diarrhea, dysentery, sprue etc. can get rid of the same with the help of unripe fruit of Bilva. Even root and bark of Bilva plant are efficient in this task.
- People who suffer from the problem of bleeding piles can consume the paste prepared by cooking mashed unripe Bilva fruit along with sugar.
- Additionally, Bilva is also beneficial in case of jaundice and cholera.