Presence of small and hard crystalline structures inside the kidneys is referred to as kidney stones. The size of stones may vary from small to medium to large and are composed of minerals or acid salts. These interfere with normal kidney functions and result in severe pain at the site where these are actually present. Kidney stones are basically wastes and toxins that get accumulated in the kidneys due to improper working of the same. This condition may be accompanied by difficulty in passage of urine.
Why do kidney stones develop?
- Lack of water in the body
- Infections in the urinary tract
- Crohn’s disease
- Presence of fluorides in drinking water
- Over-activity of thyroid gland
- Excessive intake of calcium and Vitamin D
- Excessive intake of tea, coffee and other caffeinated drinks
- Excessive physical activity or complete absence of the same.