Interstitial cystitis is a disorder relevant to the urinary system under which the walls of the urinary bladder undergo inflammation. That is why it is also referred to as painful bladder syndrome. The reason being the patient suffers from pain in the bladder, pelvic region and urinary organs. Also there is problematic urination. There is irritation and occurrence of sores on the bladder wall. It may also be accompanied by redness and scars on the bladder walls. There may be bleeding while urinating.
What causes interstitial cystitis?
- Attack of bacteria on the urinary bladder
- Obstructions in the urinary organs
- Not passing urine as soon as the bladder is full
- Use of a diaphragm by females for contraception
- Kidney problems
- Too much and frequent indulgence in sexual intercourse
- Change of the urinary catheter