The mental state under which a person remains sad and lonely due to loss of interest in life is called as depression. It is in fact a type of mental illness that may be suffered by anyone. It is mainly caused due to psychological or emotional disturbances. Sometimes, physical factors such as prolonged illness may also result in depression.
What causes depression?
Depression maybe caused due to-
- Family history of the disease
- Psychological or emotional factors
- Loss of dear one or breakup in married or even love life
- Loss of job
- Financial crisis
- Prolonged physical or mental illness
- Imbalance of certain chemicals in the body or brain