Clear from the name, back pain is a condition under which the patient suffers from continuous and severe pain in the back and especially the lumbar region. On the other hand, cervical spondylitis is a condition relevant to the neck under which there is inflammation in and around the muscles of neck. Both these conditions are chiefly caused due to deskbound lifestyle which in turn has a deteriorating effect on the muscles of neck and back. There is severe pain that may even make a person inactive or completely bed-ridden.
- Degenerative changes taking place in the muscles of neck and back due to advancing age
- Prolonged sitting in same condition
- Injuries to neck and back
- Genetic factors
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Lack of proper rest and sleep
- Lack of physical activity